Sunday, December 31, 2006

Comatose, Baby


Today, Sunday the 31st, Matt wrote up a juicy little exercise, "Shannon".

Shannon: 10 135lbs. dead lifts
10 19in. box jumps
10 renegade man makers
As many rounds as you can in 20 minutes.

Honestly, this was one of the most beastly workouts I have ever done. Matt went first and no more than 10 minutes into his workout watching him suffer was causing me to ache and frightening me knowing that I was up next. Well, my premature aches and fear were completely warranted. This exercise broke me down and rebuilt me anew. It was 20 minutes of hell followed by a still lingering sense of accomplishment. Also, I realized today that there is one thing you can dislike in the world more than burpees, burpees with weight (renegade man makers). I don't know who invented them, but I hope someone kicked their ass for it. I would suggest "Shannon" to anyone who has been training for a while and really wants to test themselves, I promise that it will be a challenge. We took a lot of pictures today and they should be up on the Crossfit Lombardy page, so check them out and see our pain.


Walk it out

No comments: